Monday, June 30, 2008

Feeling grateful this morning

So I know a lot of people have read or heard about the blog about Audrey Caroline. If you haven't just google her and you will find it. It is a blog written by a mother who knew from 20 weeks gestation that her daughter was not going to survive. I haven't read the whole thing but I know that she does not abort the baby; she let's God do as he will. The story is a tear jerker from the first few words especially for anyone who has lost a baby. As most of you know, Frank and I lost our first baby. We named it Sam, short for Samuel, the one that Hannah prayed for in the Old Testament. For me, that baby was the one for whom I prayed. Losing a baby is just plain hard. I can't imagine a worse feeling as a woman. So you may be thinking, "Why is Michelle feeling grateful this morning?" Well I am sitting here staring at Caroline with the realization that if we had not lost our first child, Caroline would not be with us. It is a strange feeling. I wouldn't trade either of my children for anything, but God chose for me which one I would care for. I am so grateful for the gift that God gave us in Caroline. Her middle name, Jeanette, means God is Gracious. He certainly is that, and I am so grateful for the blessings he has bestowed on us.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just found your blog...looking forward to reading more!

I have heard another mother describe the same emotions about her miscarriage as you did hear.

Loving God's blessing of Caroline for you to hold and cherish!