Friday, July 25, 2008

My Lois


My grandmother (MaMa) is an incredible woman. I would describe her as being a good ol' Texas woman. She is a wonderful cook and an amazing advice giver. I titled this post My Lois because that was Timothy's grandmother's name in the Bible. Timothy's grandmother was a very wise woman, and that is what I think about my grandmother.


The reason I am writing this post is because my family found out this week that my grandmother has a malignant tumor in one of her breasts. We find out today if the mass can be removed with surgery or if other measures will need to be taken. My grandmother has been perfectly healthy her whole life, so in some ways this is a shock to us.


This is hard for me because I love her so much. She has always been available any time I needed her, and she is such a selfless, loving person. She is one of the people in my life that I think I have always just asumed would be there always. If you are reading this and you believe in the power of prayer and in the power of our God, please pray for her. We know our God is the Great Physician.


2 comments:

Gardiner Family said...

What a beautiful post. I am so sorry to hear this news Michelle. I'm sure the next few days will be hard while waiting to find out more. We will be praying for your family and your grandmother.

Kristine said...

Michelle, How I appreciate and admire your heart for the Lord and your humility of spirit. I am praying for you and your family.
His,
Kristie