Monday, September 29, 2008

Happy Birthday Amy!

Today is my friend Amy's birthday, and I want to celebrate her. Amy and I have been through a lot together in the 11 years that we have been friends. God has allowed us to experience some of life's greatest thrills and sorrows. We met at a youth retreat and by the end of the weekend were both hopeful to begin a new friendship. Amy and I have been through so much together. She has watched me make stupid choices, and she has loved me through every moment. I haven't ever really watched her make stupid choices (she is very wise) but I have loved her though difficult times. Amy and I have celebrated ten of each others birthdays, first cars, first and only boyfriends, high school graduation, college graduation, engagement, marriage, and most recently children. I was so blessed to be at the hospital within hours of both Elena and Evan's births. Amy was also with me when Caroline was born. She shared in our joy and documented the whole event with her camera skills.

All in all, our friendship has blessed me beyond words. I don't know that there are very many people who have been blessed with a friendship like ours. Amy I love you, and I celebrate your life today. Happy Birthday!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Thank you my friend. You are way to generous, though!